Brief History : Nagpur has been the shopping center since ages, infact Nagpur was one of the major trade cities. Nagpur is the junction point of the North-South and the East - West Highways. This made a good place for storing goods and shipping whereever they were required. Currently, NH6, NH7 meet at "Variety Square"
Nagpur is Famous For :
Nagpur is famous for Oranges. The arid climate and the black soil is suitable for Orange Plantations. Nagpur being almost the center of India, you would find a flavour of rich Indian culture.
Major Shopping Areas
- Sita Buildi : One of the oldest market in Nagpur.
- Dharampeth : Good for Branded Items
- Itwari , Gandhibagh : Whole Sale market
- Sadar :
- Ramdaspeth : Mostly Branded Items
- Poonam Mall : Shopping with Movie, Houses the INOX multiplex
- Poonam Chambers : Has a good food joint in the evening, mostly branded